Wednesday, June 30, 2010

fear is a factor...


my fb status says: passed by a group of rowdy boys at the backend of Raffles Hospital. They seemed to spot me from far and I had a feeling they wanted to mcm2 with me. Read Ayatul Kursi and I passed by them safely, Alhamdulillah. Im nvr gonna walk there alone ever again. Allah saja yg tau how scared I was.

 

and yes, i was scared shitless. they were freaking reeking of alcohol and cigarettes. so tell me, how not to be scared?



come, i story from abc.



walked to bugis mrt from school alone today. dearest habibati, naqi, didnt attend class today coz she was tied up at work. the other two darlings, syah and nuraini, got fetched by their parents. so tinggallah aku terkontang-kanting jalan sorang2 dari skola ke bugis mrt.



last week, i was alone too. i walked the same way. and there were some other pedestrians with me. so just now, i repeated the stunt of walking on the backend. EPIC WRONG MOVE.



halfway through the route, i saw a group of rowdy boys. they spotted me from afar and they were like arranging themselves to barricade me from walking pass. you know, like making a wall before taking a free kick in a football match. LIKE THAT. SERIOUS. my heart was thumping so hard, i tot i heard it thumped. the thought of doing a u-turn did occur but then i cancelled that coz i was scared they might give chase. i was alone leyyyy... scream oso no use.



then i remembered a story i read. held my right hand over my left chest and read the ayatul kursi. i braved myself and walked towards them. i had this thought i will kick their balls if they decide to mcm2 with me. but there was no need. just as i read the ayatul kursi, they kinda laughed around and split themselves into two groups as i walked pass them. they were on my left and right. i walked with my head high up, act brani lah. padahal, padahal... and everything so was blurry i didnt even hear what they were saying to me.



alhamdulillah, nothing happened. i nearly stood rooted when i passed by them safely. yes, i repeat, i was scared. the only thought was to get pass by them. syukur alhamdulillah...


only in the mrt, i had this urge to cry but no lah, i where got crybaby one. i busied myself with Facebook. and voila, i reached Pioneer liao.



and oh, the story that i remembered? i donno. i remember reading this story. about a man who used to rob and rape girls who walked on a lonely road. but one day, a muslimah passed that road, but he didnt do anything to the muslimah. the next day he was caught, and the muslimah saw him on the papers and recognised him. she went to the police station to testify that the man didnt do anything to her the night before. the man said, usually he does. and the night before, he did have the evil intention to do harm to the woman, but he saw two big men/being walking on the muslimah's right and left. he didnt dare to do anything.



the woman was shocked. she said, "but, i was walking alone but i was reciting the ayatul kursi." upon asking around the religious teachers, she was told that maybe becoz she was reading the ayatul kursi, the malaikats must be protecting her from harm as summoned by Allah Almighty. coz we all know Ayatul Kursi is ayat pendinding for the believers.



with this believe, i took the gamble and did what i did. and another factor that made me really confident was because, although i am not able to do my solat, i still had my wudhu'. my ustazah always reminds us to be in wudhu' state all the time. it protects us from all the unwanted things.



 

alhamdulillah, i came home safely. told the mum, and i promised her i will never walk that alley alone again.



and the image of them barricading themselves is still playing in my mind. gah!



it's ok lah. i will sleep it off. thank You Ya Allah. thank You.



ilal liqaa'...!



No comments:

Post a Comment