Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Lover Who Saved His Beloved From Drowning...

This is a lovely poem I read from the book, "Conference of The Birds" by Author Farid Ud-Din Attar.

A girl fell in a river
In a flash, her lover dived in with a mighty splash
And fought the current till he reached her side
When they were safe again, the poor girl cried,
"By chance I tumbled in, but why should you come after me and hazard your life too?"
He said, "I dived because the difference of "I" and "You" to lovers makes no sense
A long time has passed when we separate
But now that we have reached this single state
When you are me and I am wholly you
What use is it to talk of us as two?"
All talk of two implies plurality -
When two has gone, there will be UNITY

-----------------------||---------------------------

I love this poem. *swoon*

Ilal Liqaa...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment